Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Blossom Easter Eggs

So here's what I've been working on the past week or so.

I showed you this one...

 ...a couple of weeks ago, saying that I wanted to experiment a little more with this style and so that's what I did.

Well, here are the results so far:
This is the first one I did.  I tried to make it look like curly vines holding the egg upright but they wouldn't cooperate very well.

So on this one, I just did little balls of green clay, strategically placed.

This one's petals are a little different from the others.
On all of the above eggs, there is a different texture for each layer of petals/leaves.  I also used a generous amount of pearl powders on all of them.  I enjoyed making them and I loved the way they turned out so I will probably be making more of these.

The other eggs I've been working on, I call my Feather Eggs.  My kids say they look kind of like painted pine cones so I guess that would have worked for a name as well.  I just think they look sort of like layers of feathers so that's where I got the name.



I'd really like to do these in some other colors as well.

Leave a comment and tell me what you think!

Enjoy!
Korrina

2 comments: