Thursday, June 23, 2011

What I've been working on...

I keep promising myself that I'm going to start blogging more often and then things come up and I just can't get to it as often as I'd like.  Now I'm getting ready for the next craft fair on July 2nd.  I don't have as much inventory as I'd like so as soon as a craft fair starts to get closer, I start to panic and clay like crazy.  You'd think I'd learn and try to work more steadily, but I'd probably still panic during the last two weeks 'cause I still don't have enough stuff.

So, here's a quick post about the projects I've been working on (almost all of these photos will have to be redone before I can post them in my Artfire and Etsy shops, so you probably won't see them there for a while):

I wanted to do one of those "variations on a kaleidoscope" canes... All three canes in this bracelet were made from the same elements- just put together in different ways.  I also came up with my own method for making a bezel out of clay.  The small disk beads are clay and the bicones are czech crystals.  They're all strung on stretchy cord so I wouldn't have to figure out how to do a clasp.  (I really don't have many jewelry parts.)
 The rest of the photos are things I've been developing for my "Christmas in July" section in my booth:

This one and the next three snowflakes all measure about 4 inches across.  They are entirely made of strings and balls of solid white clay liberally coated with iridescent glitter.  I used a picture of a real snowflake under a glass work surface to provide a template for each snowflake.  None of them look much like the real snowflakes they represent except for the basic structure.  I really enjoyed doing these.  There will probably be more in the future.




These three are some filigree bulbs I did.  They each took 2-3 hours to make so I probably won't sell many of them 'cause the prices will be fairly high...  They are all made with extruded clay strings in red, green, and gold clay and then brushed with metallic powders to make them really shine.

This one's my favorite.  Unfortunately, it also took the longest to make.


Hopefully you'll see another new post soon!

Enjoy!
Korrina

No comments:

Post a Comment